Full Terms and Conditions
1) These terms are effective from 8th October 2017 until further notice.
2) No variation in these terms shall be valid or binding on Training Designs unless confirmed in writing by Yvonne Batson-Wright.
3) In the case of Nursery settings and other such organizations booking our services, once you, a person authorised to place bookings, has decided to proceed, I will refer you to our General Terms and Conditions, and your booking will only be deemed as confirmed upon receipt of payment.
4) In the case of individuals booking our services, once you have decided to proceed with your booking, your booking is only deemed confirmed when we have received the full payment against the service you have selected to purchase.
5) Training Designs can accept no liability whatsoever for any loss, damage, expenses or costs howsoever caused which the Client may suffer or for which the Client may become liable arising out of or in connection with or as a result of the service provided by Training Designs.
6) In the case of Early Years settings and local authorities booking our services, the Client is responsible for complying with the provisions of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, and any other health and/or industrial statute and/or regulations made under these Acts, where training is done on the client’s premises/setting. The Client will be solely responsible for any liability arising there under and will indemnify Training Designs against any liability, loss or damage arising thereunder, in connection with each assignment.
7) All contracts shall be governed by English Law. Both Training Designs and you, the Client, agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
8) In the case of Early Years settings and local authorities booking my services, I agree to treat as secret and confidential and, not at any time for any reason, to disclose or permit to be disclosed to any person or otherwise make use of, or permit to be made use of, any information relating to the Client’s business affairs or any such information relating to a subsidiary, supplier, customer or client of the Client where knowledge or details of the information was received during the course of the period of the contract.
9) Any notice required by this Agreement to be given by either party to the other shall be in writing.
10) All client’s payment(s), which must be made in full at the time of booking, can only be made either by bank transfer into the bank account – bank details will be provided at the time of booking.
11) Fees are not currently subject to VAT.
12) In the case of Early Years settings and local authorities booking my services, Training Designs expect all clients to provide a training room of a suitable size for the number of participants attending with tables & chairs and must be set-up, ready for my arrival.
13) In the case of Early Years settings and local authorities booking our services, should you have to cancel your course, cancellation must be made in writing, and we reserve the right to levy a Cancellation charge, based on the date your notification is received by Training Designs, as follows:
a) More than one calendar month prior to the start of the course – no charges will apply.
b) Between 14 days up to one calendar month prior to the start of the course – 50% of the total course fees, which must be paid immediately upon receipt of the cancellation charge invoice.
c) Less than 14 days prior to the start of the course – 100% of full course fees, which must be paid immediately upon receipt of the cancellation charge invoice.
In the event of of b) and c), an invoice will be sent to you, within three working days from the date (or the date of the final day) on which the training was due to take place, and payment of this invoice must be made within five working days of the invoice date.
15) In the event that payment terms are granted, invoices not settled will be subject to interest charges, calculated at 8% above base-rate, from the date upon which the invoice became due, as per the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act , as amended and supplemented to incorporate the features of European Directive 2000/35/EC.
16) In the case of training for Early Years settings and local authorities, my fee is based on the number of participants attending, and where the number falls below the number we have agreed, Training Designs reserve the right to charge you, the Client, for the total number of participants previously agreed.
Conversely, where the number of participants attending, exceeds the number agreed, Training Designs reserve the right to charge you, the Client, the sum of up to £30.00, for each additional participant.
17) With regard to Open one or two-day courses (workshops), once any number of places have been booked and paid for, no monies are refundable, and places cannot be moved from one course to another, unless agreed in writing by me.
18) With regard to Open courses (workshops), Training Designs reserve the right to postpone a course, if by the fourteenth (14th) day before the date of the course to which your payment relates, there are fewer than 10 participants who have booked and paid for the course (workshop) – Training Designs will notify you immediately and confirm the future date upon which the course (workshop) will take place.
19) In the event that Training Designs is required to cancel a course, due to be delivered to Early Years settings or on behalf of local authorities at very short notice, because of illness, or other reasons beyond my control, all monies paid to date by you, the Client, will be returned to you upon written request, within five working days of receipt of your written request. As a gesture of goodwill, I would also be happy to offer you a 20% reduction on my normal fees, when you book your next course.
20) In the event that Training Designs has to cancel a course due to adverse weather conditions, I will endeavour to deliver the course at the next mutually available date, and the decision to return payments made by you in relation to the course, will be made at my discretion.
21) Participants will be given the opportunity to complete a questionnaire at the end of the course. Training Designs reserves the right to use any comments made by participants in all publicity materials.
22) I endeavour to provide a first-class level of service at all times. Should there be any aspect of any of my services that are not to your satisfaction, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.
23) Training Designs reserves the right to amend any of its terms and conditions at any time.